Welsh Lady

Welsh Lady

Tuesday 16 August 2011

11 to go ....


Hello again.  Today started off in a very strange way ... husband woke me up from a nightmare. I was being throttled by a very malevolent force in the shape of Tom Cruise (?) and even though I knew I was dreaming I could not wake up!  Took me ages to come round and it stayed with me all day ... what does that mean? Answers on a post card please ...

Anyway, off to work and at least I didn't fall off anything today. I did however, insult my colleague.  She was saying that her boyfriend would never go off with anyone else - why would he want a burger , when he has steak at home?  I replied by saying not only does he have steak, he has the whole cow !  She didn't take it in the spirit it was meant and I now have a lot of grovelling to do......

Very tired today - probably due to being woken up - and so when I got home I had a nap ... for an hour and a half! When I woke  the cat was neatly curled  into the curve of my body .. spooning I suppose in a weird cat like way.

Nervous times in the house at present.  A level results are looming and I am more nervous than anyone.  Not liking the idea of youngest son going off to Uni but have to deal with it.  Read this ... Kahil Gibran ...  it is very true.

Off to my last book club meeting at 8.00pm.  Met my three friends there who very kindly, and unexpectedly, bought me two maps to use whilst in Wales, as well as goodbye cards.  Very touched. It is going to be a week of goodbyes .. starting to become real now.

Well, now off to bed as believe it or not I am still tired and need to get my eight hours in.  Just hope Tom is not lurking round any doorways tonight.....

Nighty night :)


No comments:

Post a Comment