Welsh Lady

Welsh Lady

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Bora da!

Hello from Wales ...


Sorry there has been a big gap in between posts but there has been a lot to do and unpack.


The move went well - weather stayed dry and eventually furniture all fitted into lorry! Removals left at 4.00pm and we spent the rest of the day cleaning and trying to calm our cat down.


Went for a lovely Italian meal in the evening (no food left anywhere in the house, except Sheba and you would have to be desperate to eat that!). We  then settled down to sleep in sleeping bag, with pillow, on carpet in lounge!  




Surprisingly I did sleep quite well, and woke at 3.00am with my cat sleeping soundly on my pillow!  After packing up essentials, setting Sat Navs and settling Jess into the car complete with Feliway sprayed everywhere to help settle her, we started off at 3.45am on the road to Wales.


There is something quite lovely about driving in the dark and seeing the day break literally in front of you. The weather stayed fine the whole way as well.  We stopped at Streatham Services to stretch our legs and then carried on. Arrived in Glais at 8.15am.  Considering my only previous experience of motorway driving was an hour from Cardiff to Bristol, I think I did pretty well. It helped that there was little or no traffic to be fair!  My son also insisted on watching a Japanese cartoon with English subtitles on the way down - that coupled with "screaming" music did little to help my already frayed nerves!


We stopped just outside the village to leave Jess in The Cat Retreat for a few days just to calm her down.  Rebecca was lovely and very welcoming and I knew Jess would be happy there while we made the house a home for her.



We arrived at the house about 8.30am and met with the landlords who were very welcoming.




The removal men arrived about an hour later and so the job of unpacking began. They were very good and worked so hard bless them and eventually finished about 4.00pm.  I don't think we stopped that day until midnight, although we did drive out for a KFC and just about summoned up the energy to eat it.


The next day dawned bright and sunny and the unpacking continued. I also did a big shop at the local Tesco! The house is lovely and spacious and I have so much room in the kitchen. I hung out some washing ... on a line, with a prop!  I LOVE seeing the washing flapping in the breeze. Takes me back to my childhood.


The rest of the week passed much the same, unpacking, re-arranging, cooking and unpacking!


On Saturday however, our eldest son came to visit for the weekend with our little grandson, (sadly my daughter-in-law was working ) and what a wonderful two days we had.  We went into Swansea and had a walk on Caswell Beach which is a truly beautiful place, even on a drizzly day.




On Sunday it was youngest son's 19th birthday so he was up with the lark (8.00am - has to be a world record for a teen) and off we went to Swansea Leisure Centre for a swim.  Well, I didn't as I don't do water in the leisure sense. I spectated and I did so fairly spectacularly!  Another lovely day after the fog lifted and then home for a traditional roast beef Sunday lunch!


Son and grandson left soon after - hate seeing them go - but knowing they will be back in two weeks, this with my daughter-in-law!! 


And now it's Tuesday! Already today we have had Sky fitted - so much choice - and later I am taking Jess to the vet because for the last four/five days she has been sneezing incessantly.  I have taken her out on a few occasions into the garden on a lead (!) which seems to work and she finds her way round in her own time, but she has now started to sneeze a lot so need to get it checked.


Now I am back up to speed I will check in again soon. Maybe not every day - there is only so much one can write about cooking and a cat, but certainly as often as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment