Welsh Lady

Welsh Lady

Wednesday 24 August 2011

2 days ......

Well, the last time I wrote was on Friday of last week.  A LOT has happened since then!

Saturday I got up reasonably early and went shopping in Sainsburys.  We were having a little get-together for family and friends in the evening and I needed to get some nibbles.  Did my shopping - very pleased with my purchases - went to pay ... no purse.  I had left it at home. Embarrassed is not the word I would use, although apparently it happens a lot ... but not to me!  Tried to call home - phone would not work. So I had to admit defeat and ask the nice supervisor if I could go home and get said purse.  'Of course madam we will keep it in the cold store for you'.  True to his word he did just that. I returned 15 minutes later collected shopping - paid for it - and came home via Tesco where I had to get other bits that Sainsburys don't do.  

After a quick "put these away please" to my other half, I headed into town to the local beauty salon. For my birthday in June my husband had bought me a duo of treats. I chose to have a hot stone back massage followed by reflexology, however at the 12th hour I changed it to a Decleor facial and hand and toe file and polish!  Am I glad I did. The facial was out of this world; so good in fact I fell asleep when she left the room I was so relaxed!  The manicure was also very relaxing , however I didn't think it through very well as I had arrived in socks and trainers and needed to keep my toes uncovered, so they sold (!) me a pair of polystyrene flip flops for a £1 which promptly disintegrated the moment I stepped into the street.  Undeterred I half shuffled, half slid to my car and drove home!

The rest of the afternoon was a flurry of cooking, preparing, making up beds etc for the family.  At 5.00pm the first of our guests arrived and from then on every half hour or so another set would turn up.  The afternoon/evening went really well.  Much laughter and partaking of drink and food took place and eventually we got to bed at 3.00am!


Sunday I rose late and my Mum, brother and sister in law were all eating breakfast by the time I got downstairs!  It wasn't until they went to leave that it struck me that I wouldn't be seeing them again until October time.  Needless to say it was a very emotional farewell and not one I want to repeat any time soon.


Monday I went to work ... penultimate day ... and all I could think about was that it was my last day on Tuesday.  My boss had made a gorgeous cake filled with strawberries and cream.. it was sooo good! 

Tuesday ... what can I say?  Apart from it being a really busy day  it was also very sad.  I walked into the office at 8.30am to a desk covered in Good Luck confetti and helium balloons and banners!! Also my boss had made another cake - this time lemon and it was so tasty!  At 4.00pm we had a leaving presentation and I had the loveliest things said about me - I swear he was talking about someone else.  All my friends had bought me a pair of large silver earrings and a beautiful shell necklace studded with tiny pieces of silver.  So pretty.  We had some Bucks Fizz and after a lot of hugs I said my goodbyes.  Picked my son up on the way home and dropped a card into my best friends house as had not seen her.  Got home, and best friend called in!!! 
More tears ... moving is such a pain when you have to say goodbye's to special people.

After spending the rest of the evening with other son and daughter,  finally went to bed about midnight.

Wednesday Started the cat on Zylkene today to calm her down in readiness for the move. Hope it works! I was on the road by 8.15.  What!? You say? You have finished work... Aah , but I went to have my hair coloured before leaving.  Not a radical change but subtle .  Back into work to take the partners birthday cake in - joint birthday tomorrow - chocolate cake with buttons! 

Home and no sooner had I got in the door, then we were out again back to Stamford for form signing and picking up a Sat Nav for me for the long journey to Wales on Sunday morning, as well as subsequent drives in and around Wales once we have arrived at our destination.

Spent the rest of the afternoon packing.  I NEVER want to move again.  Stressed? There must be a more suitable word. Answers on a post card please ...

It is now 11.00pm and I am off to bed as totally cream crackered.

Night nite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment